We are delighted to announce the release of the Autumn fixes update for GameGuru Classic, which fixes all new bugs reported in the issues board since the May Fixes update. As you may remember, the May update fixed every single bug reported up to that point, and the Autumn Fixes update does the same thing up to the present moment.
Here are some of the fixes that you will find in the update:
- Optimized entity memory resulting in much less memory being used in your level
- Sound effects can now reach zero volume for when you want to script your sound to silence
- Fixed seamless textures in EBE structures so they are once again seamless
- Fixed issue with the draw call optimizer having problems with multi-textured entities
- Fixed crash caused in the "May Fixes" update related to the testgamemode
- Fixed ray casting of active entities and use of the intersect against static entities
- Fixed issue of 'save standalone' pausing progress
- Restored multiplayer to working condition
- Fixed a paste sprite issue causing the rendering on-screen to lag
- Title script now amended to determine correct folder for loading in title music
We also answered two bug reports that needed information rather than actual code changes. This brings the official bug count of GameGuru Classic back to zero, demonstrating our commitment to continue working on GameGuru Classic functionality for as long as the Classic community requires.
Development continues at full speed on GameGuru MAX, the successor to Classic, and we are looking forward to sharing more progress as we head towards the release date. As planned, we have merged our codebases so that some tweaks during MAX development make their way back to the Classic product, and bug fixes on either product benefit both products.
If you find new issues in GameGuru Classic, please do not hesitate to post them in the GitHub Issues board, which you can find here: https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues