14th April 2016
The Game Creators today released the latest version of GameGuru, the easy game creation tool, offering parental controls and a version specifically for educationalists.
The refined release of GameGuru (V1.13) includes a number of new and significant features including:
- Save and Load Game Progress Feature - create standalone games with the built-in ability to save your progress
- Now available as a non-Steam standalone installer – GameGuru can now be used behind networked systems, so it’s ideal for education users
- Content restriction mode to protect younger users – new parental control and zero violent content for teachers
- Ability to import FBX model files to customise your games – GameGuru now supports the most popular 3D file format
- Added new content and usability tweaks (for example - player scripts, faster game restarts, improved explosions, improved scripts, better AI) - continual improvements to the editor and game engine thanks to the GameGuru community feedback
Rick Vanner, Development Director, said today, "The addition of parental controls means that kids can really hone their game development skills with GameGuru in a safe environment. The stand-alone version means that GameGuru can now be used in an educational environment to help kids easily and quickly learn coding and game development skills.
Lee Bamber, CEO and Chief Developer of The Game Creators, said, "This update includes two of our communities most wanted features; the capability to save and reload your game progress for finished games and the importing of FBX model files, which allows 3D content to be imported from Maya, Lightwave and 3DS Max, in addition to the many online asset stores across the internet. There is now greater freedom to import the media that’s really wanted, and greater functionality when the finished game is played."
"We're now embarking on a significant update to GameGuru that will include more community requested features, together with an expanded collection of game making assets to widen the scope of what you can make with GameGuru."
The GameGuru official website can be found at www.game-guru.com
and here store.steampowered.com/app/266310 on Steam.
About The Game Creators
The Game Creators, a privately owned UK company, are developers and publishers of affordable game development tools. Established in 1999, their brands include DarkBASIC, The 3D Gamemaker, AppGameKit, FPS Creator, DarkBASIC Professional and DarkGDK. They are official Intel Black Belt Developers with a driving focus of bringing game making tools software to the masses.
Learn more about games creation and join a thriving game making community at: www.thegamecreators.com.
Meash Meakin at The Game Creators Ltd
+44 7900 262000 or email@example.com